GRIFFIN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP – ACCOUNT MANAGER
Griffin Communications Group is looking for an Account Manager with experience in strategic communications and digital strategy, who excels in client management and thrives in a team environment. Griffin is a strategic marketing and communications agency specializing in the rapidly growing commercial space industry, but also serving several clients in STEM education, healthcare, specialty chemicals and manufacturing. The Griffin team culture is built on honesty, accountability, creativity, collaboration and fun. We believe in the industries we serve and consider ourselves a stakeholder in their progress and success.
The Account Manager is an 8+ year communications professional who develops strategic communications and media relations campaigns, programs, plans and tools for agency clients, and spearheads their implementation and evaluation. This individual has experience in leading successful client accounts and managing highly productive team members. The successful candidate will be a strategic, creative thinker who brings a proven track record for concepting and developing highly effective traditional and digital content.
- Develops strategic communications and media relations campaigns, programs, plans and tools for assigned agency clients; leads the implementation, evaluation and reporting phases.
- Manages all assigned account team activities to ensure deadlines are met; delegates clear responsibilities to team members; conducts internal account brainstorming sessions; responsible for team production of high-quality work.
- Client relations – serves as day-to-day client interface; plans and leads client meetings, establishes and manages realistic client expectations; maintains outstanding client relationships through effective communications, quality control, reporting and problem-solving.
- Performs account work– i.e., content development, media pitching, social media engagement, reviews/edits all materials before sending to client for approval.
- Supports additional client activities as requested by agency leadership; actively participates in special projects of the agency; continually markets the agency when attending networking events.
- Assists in establishing scope of work for assigned accounts; creates and manages monthly hours budgets that are in direct alignment with established scope and that we deliver on our contract.
- Business development with existing accounts – remains alert on ways to further service the client and grow the account (i.e., recognizing a missing tool, proposing new ideas, etc.); seeks internal counsel on how to pursue these opportunities.
Measured Levels of Success
- Demonstrates growth in offering effective strategic direction on assigned accounts; ability to effectively guide team members.
- Actively sets and consistently meets deadlines for account tasks.
- Ensures account teams are producing superior quality products and adhering to agency’s standards of excellence.
- Prepares for client brainstorming meetings; brings ideas to the table.
- Regularly makes recommendations to clients to solve problems without having to necessarily involve senior management; exhibits confidence in interactions with clients.
- Client maintains a high level of satisfaction and sees value in the agency; account potentially grows and/or client refers agency to a prospect.
- Ensures assigned account teams are performing efficiently, on schedule and within the established scope and budget.
- Continually contributes innovative approaches to standard communications tools (i.e., press releases, newsletters, etc.) in order to keep pace with new trends, best practices and to increase positive impact.
- Experience –
- Minimum 8 years of communications and media relations experience.
- Prior experience at PR or communications agency strongly preferred.
- Experience in business to business and business to consumer strategies and campaigns a plus.
- Experience in the aerospace, healthcare and STEM education industries a plus.
- Education – College graduate, with a degree in communications, journalism or digital marketing desired.
- Skills –
- Communications – strong knowledge of the tools used to support communications campaigns and programs (i.e., media relations, advertising, collateral, events, media, grassroots, etc.); creativity; exemplary writing skills (including knowledge of the Associated Press style format); experience in developing communications strategies.
- Digital Strategy – knowledge of digital communications best practices including social media, web content and email communications; experience creating digital campaigns and strategies; drafting content and video specifically for digital channels.
- Management – ability to manage numerous clients and account teams, efficient in project and time management with the ability to inspire and empower coworkers to deliver.
- Computer – Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint (Experience in Microsoft 365 is preferred i.e. One Drive, Share Point, Planner, Teams)
- Capabilities – multi-tasker, performing under tight deadlines, problem solver, delegation, attention to detail, organized, open to receiving direction/constructive criticism resulting in self-improvement.
- Personality Traits – leader, collaborator, team player, persistent, optimistic, service-oriented, personable, can-do attitude, confident, initiative, honest, direct, responsible, kind.
- 40 hours per week.
- Some travel required, when deemed safe by local and federal health organizations.