Norsk Titanium is the world’s pioneering supplier of aerospace-grade, additive manufactured, structural titanium components. Its patented Rapid Plasma Deposition™ (RPD™) process transforms titanium wire into complex components suitable for structural and safety-critical applications. Norsk is a tier-1 supplier to Boeing and is committed to cost-reducing aerostructures and jet engines for the world’s premier aerospace manufacturers. RPD™ is the world’s first FAA-approved, 3D-printed, structural titanium, delivering substantial lead-time and cost savings for aerospace, defense, and commercial customers.
While Norsk already had noted customers, including Boeing and Spirit, the company wished to make its debut on the international stage via a huge splash at the 2016 Farnborough International Air Show (FIA).
Griffin produced Norsk’s appearance at FIA, serving as overall project manager. Tasks included:
- Overall strategic planning, budgets, timelines, status meetings
- Developing floorplan concept and structural design with exhibit booth company
- Coordinating booth fabrication logistics
- Securing audio/visual, power and furniture rental needs for booth
- Managing customer events – securing venue, menu, transportation, invitations, RSVP coordination
- Securing Norsk team travel arrangements, including hotel, ground transportation, conference badging, credentials, meals, daily itineraries/area maps/etc.
- Creating promotional items, including branded shirts and VIP gifts
- Producing and shipping marketing collateral
- Overseeing media relations, including: media lists, pitching, news releases, interview coordination, on-site media events, post-event coverage reports
- Providing on-site supervision throughout duration of the show
Norsk made a dynamic impression at FIA. The booth was a popular destination to trade visitors as it showcased a replica RPD™ machine to visually explain the patented process, as well as a museum area allowing guests to handle the machined and finished pieces first-hand. Norsk was featured in each Aviation Week show daily through advertisements and editorial coverage. The company made several announcements during the Airshow including the plans for their Plattsburgh facility and a long-term agreement with Mecachrome.
The success at FIA 2016 led to subsequent appearances at the 2017 Paris Air Show, FIA 2018 and plans to attend the 2019 Paris Air Show, with Griffin on board as their tradeshow producer (doing all of the tasks outlined above). Today, participation in both internationally recognized shows is part of Norsk’s annual marketing strategy.